Writing with Thinking MapsApril 23, 2007 at 7:51 am | Posted in education, elementary, graphic organizers, Special Education, teachers, thinking maps, third grade, writing | 3 Comments
Writing with Thinking Maps
I wrote a series of blogs on writing using Thinking Maps and this quickly became a favorite for many readers. So, I decided to organize the blogs onto one post to make it easier for people to find all the articles and to clarify the sequence of our process.
The writing process was taken directly from a supplementary program, Write from the Beginning, from Thinking Maps.
1. How we do it in our class – an explanation.
2. The pre-writing process part 1 – using Circle Maps
3. The pre-writing process part 2 – using Flow Maps
4. First Draft – some samples
5. Flow Map – explanation of the parts of the Flow Map and how we use it for writing.
6. An example from my Special Ed student showing success for all students – The Pre-Write
7. A first draft from my Special Ed student – The First Draft
8. A second grade, friendly thank you letter – The entire process
Please leave a comment to tell me what you think! Thank you!